Declare the Price of Your Authorized Plan with Victoria’s Small Enterprise Digital Adaptation Program
The Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program subsidises the cost of digital products. Find out more here.
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Over the past few years, businesses have gradually been migrating from manual to digital ways of doing business, saving money and maximising efficiency in the process. Although this trend was already in motion, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated this by as much as a decade. Throughout 2020, digital software helped businesses cope with the challenges of moving to a remote model. Whether this meant employees working from home, or businesses selling their products online instead of in-person, the digital world has proved to be the magic ingredient for businesses moving forward. For Victorian businesses, this transition is being propelled through the Small Business Digital Adaptation Program through which we’re partnering with the Victorian Government.
Here, we will explain how the program works, how to know if you’re eligible and how to apply.
What is the Small Business Digital Adaptation Program?
The Small Business Digital Adaptation Program is an initiative by the Victorian Government to help small businesses transition to a digital way of doing business. Eligible business can receive a rebate of up to $1,200 for eligible digital products they purchase. These products need to be digital in nature and provided by an approved partner of the Government.
You can learn more about the program on the Victorian Government’s website here.
Get on demand legal advice for one low monthly fee.
Sign up to our Legal Advice Plan and access professional legal advice whenever you need it.
Which businesses are eligible?
This program is only available to businesses operating within the State of Victoria. Further, they must:
- Have held a valid ABN since 13 September 2019
- Be registered for the Goods and Service Tax (GST) as at 13 September 2020
- Be a sole trader, microbusiness or small business
- Operate their business in Victoria
- Pay for the subscription (legal plan) themselves initially
Eligible businesses must register and claim their rebate before the following deadlines:
- Register for the program by 28 February 2021
- Claim your rebate by 31 March 2021 (your refund will be processes by the Government within 6 weeks)
Which Lawpath products are covered?
Eligible business can receive the rebate for the purchase of both our Essentials and Legal Advice Plan.
On this plan, you can customise and download 300+ documents, sign documents online and access 24/7 customer support. Our documents cover all aspects of running your business from employment, to building your website and protecting your confidential information.
Legal Advice Plan
Our Legal Advice Plan offers you all the benefits of our Essentials Plan, with your very own lawyer attached. This gives you:
- On-demand access to a lawyer through 30 minute calls for new matters
- Reviews of your documents by a lawyer (up to 4 pages per document)
This plan provides complete legal protection for your business at a fraction of the price you’d pay a traditional law firm.
How do I make a claim?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, all you have to do is register here before 28 February 2021. Once the Victorian Government approves your registration, you must:
- Purchase the chosen digital product at your own expense
- Keep your proof of purchase (you will need this to make your rebate claim)
- Claim your rebate at this link before 31 March 2020
Want more information?
We will be running a limited series of webinars to explain the program in more depth and provide a live demonstration of our legal plans. The webinars will be on the following dates and times (all times are AEST):
- Thursday 4 February at 12:00pm
- Tuesday 16 February at 12:00pm
- Thursday 25 February at 12:00pm
- Friday 5 March at 12:00pm
- Thursday 18 March at 12:00pm
You can also find further information about webinar times and the program here.