RRU Special Lecture Series on UN Security Council (UNSC) – Priorities of Kenya as an Elected Member of the UNSC
Rashtriya Raksha University-RRU is India’s premier public University in the domain of national security and policing. In the backdrop of the initiation of India’s tenure as an Elected Member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for the period 2021-22, the University is organising a Special Lecture Series on UNSC. Various sessions organised as a part of this Lecture Series shall focus on discussing key issues pertaining to the Security Council.
As one of the principal organs of the United Nations, the UNSC is primarily responsible for maintaining international peace and security across the globe. The Member States of the Security Council play an instrumental role in the settlement of disputes among different parties and thereby, make a significant contribution to global peace and prosperity.
A lecture on the subject- ‘Priorities of Kenyaas an Elected Member of the UNSC’ is pertinent to understand the key priority areas of Kenya during its membership period at the Security Council. This session shall also help the participants in obtaining an in-depth understanding of the significant contribution made by Kenya at the UNSC in the past.
The online discourse and interaction held during the session shall immensely enrich the understanding of the participants about the important role played by the Elected Members at the UNSC and create better awareness about the issues & challenges faced by the Council.
- Distinguished Speaker for the session: H.E. Amb. Willy K. Bett, High Commissioner of Kenya to India
- Date of the Program: 23 March 2021
- Time: 1100 Hrs
- Registration link: bit.ly/unsc_kenya
1. The duration of the session shall be 1 hour.
2. A brief introduction of the distinguished speaker and the subject of the webinar shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
3. The Distinguished Speaker will make their remarks for 20-25 minutes.
4. This will be followed by a discussion and Q/A session with the participants.